mercoledì 5 novembre 2008

Reviews that onestly I could spare you #2

- Giragira (Japanese drama, 2008)
- starring: Sasaki Kuranosuke, Maya Miki (let's be moved! she's at the second place in the cast list!...no, nevermind), and a bunch of sort-of hosts (well...would you call Abe Tsuyoshi A HOST?), Miura Shohei included.

I've recently watched The great happiness space, so I was pretty interested in a dorama about a host club, not mentioning that Ouran Host Club is one of my favorite series. Then, I looked at the cast. Sasaki-san. As a host.

After a couple of days spent laughing VERY loud, I downloaded the first episode. Mostly because, aside Sasaki-san, Miki-san was in the cast. Miki-san, you know? THAT Miki-san. MINE Miki-san. Yes, I love her.

~Little Miki-san POWA digression: she was one of the Takarazuka's Top class actresses during the 90's. Oh, this is so lovely. By the way, I've spent like a couple of hours the other night watching her performances on youtube. Ok, now I'm officially addicted. End of digression.~

Well, this is the kind of drama that's builded up in such a way that it could even talk about mosquitos and their society problems, and it would be GREAT anyway. Pay no attention to the slightly messy beginning (he loses his job, he doesn't find another one- yes, this is plausible. But that, in his mid 30's, well something more, he becomes the floor manager of a host club, WELL, THIS IS NOT SO VERY MUCH PLAUSIBLE.): this thing works. I hope it will be less "world crisis applied to the street man" and more "funny stories about an old man married with a little daughter working in a host club", since I like soooooo much Sasaki-san crazyness when it comes to gags.

Oh, synopsis you ask? Ok.
A 36 old salaryman loses is job because of some sort of mistake someone else made. Being this old, not having a degree, finding another job it's pratically impossible. But he has a cute little wife and a cute but annoying little daughter to sustain. Hopeless, he casually meets with an old friend of him, of the time when he was the Number One host in Roppongi. That's right! Why don't you ask Yuki-san (owner of the host club he was used to work for, old friend, DUMPED without him moticing it, and mostly still in love with him) to let you work again at the...uhm...it starts with r...Rink? Anyway, let's the journey begin! Hiding the whole matter from that cuuuuuute dumb wife of him, he starts his new job, and it's not so easy, since now there's anothe Number One host at Rxxx, and he's not soooo happy to deal with this old man pretending to act as a promising newbie.

GO MIKI-SAN GO!!!!!!!!!!

Next spareable (yes, I spelled this wrong xD) review: dunno. Maybe Room of Kings(the Hiro/Ann pair is sooooo SHAMEFUL), maybe some anime. But I don't like very much to review animes. Don't know why. Not that you are less bored in reading my dorama-craps.

Stay tuned or get lost!

1 commento:

brexians ha detto...

Have a nice weekend with an old song from Demi Roussos

It's five o'clock
and I walk through the empty streets
thoughts fill my head
but then still
No one speaks to me
My mind takes me back
to the years that have passed me by
(interlude)
It is so hard to believe
That it's me
that I see
in the window pane
it is so hard to believe
that all this is the way
that is has to be
It's five o'click
and I walk through the empty streets
The night is my friend
And in him
I find sympathy
And so I go back to the years that have to past me by
(interlude)
It is so hard to believe
That it's me
that I see
in the window pane
it is so hard to believe
that all this is the way
that is has to be

It's five o'click
and I walk through the empty streets
The night is my friend
And in him I find sympathy
He gives, gives me day
gives me hope
and a little dream too